Gen 3:8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
At the beginning of the year, I recall a word of exhortation give to us by the LORD. It was a question that was asked of Adam thousands of years ago, but is very prophetic as it relates to where we are individually and corporately as a church today!
Truth be told, this is not just a physical question but a spiritual question. Because we know that God often asks questions to draw you into what he is asking.
Whenever the LORD asks a question, he is not looking for information, he is drawing you into what he is communicating because he already knows the answer.
God knows exactly where we are spiritually, physically, mentally, financially, and personally!
The question is, do we know? There are some people that know exactly where they are, and some may not! But isn’t this a good time to reflect on the year and ask ourselves the question, “Where am I?”
Remember it’s not where you are from, and its not where you are at! I know many of you are from different parts of the United States or the world. Some from the city, some from the country, some from the Islands, but that doesn’t matter to God!
If we don’t know who we are, where we are, and where we are going in God, six things could result!
- Comfortability (lukewarm). Many have gotten comfortable in their walk with the LORD. They have lost their press and fire! Never lose your fire in God!
- Fear. Why are we so fearful? God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.! We should fear none but God!
- Doubt. Many are embracing spirituality and other new age belief systems, doubting the Bible and Word of God!
- Unbelief. Many have forsaken the faith. They trust everything else except God. Their faith has dwindled because of trials, tribulations, tests and troubles. Always keep the faith!
- Disobedience. Many have forsaken obedience and now walk in the spirit of disobedience.
- Denying the power of God. Many want power, but not the power that comes from God! So, they look to the world and embrace what the devil told Christ in Luke 4.
Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give you, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whoever I will, I give it.
The Bible tells us in 2 Cor 13:5, Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith. In order to examine ourselves, we must make an honest assessment of ourselves!
Where am I spiritually, physically, financially, mentally, and personally?
Where do I want to be in the LORD? How do I intend to get there? We must be real, honest and true to ourselves with God.
The church and people of God must be focused in this season. We cannot be ignorant of Satan’s devices which are division, disagreement, deception, disunity and much more!
Here are a few things to remember as prepare for a new season in the LORD!
1. We cannot be spiritually dull. We must be spiritually sharp!
2. We cannot be spiritually weak. We must be spiritually strong!
How do we remain spiritually sharp and strong? We must be focused! Paul tells us…
Col 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affections or your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
5 things to remember that will keep you spiritually sharp, strong in the faith, and in the LORD!
1. Mediate in God’s Word daily.
Jos 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
2. Keep your mind stayed on Jesus.
Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
3. Renew your mind
Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
4. Stay spiritually minded
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
5. Have the mind of Christ.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
Remember! We cannot be so earthly minded that we are of no heavenly good! And likewise…we cannot be so heavenly minded that we are of no earthly good! There has to be a balance!
So, if someone asks you where are you? Your answer should be:
- I’m keeping the faith! Heb 11:6
- I’m keeping a Kingdom focus! Heb 12:2
- And lastly, I’m keeping my fire burning for God and the things of God! Heb 12:28-29
God Bless! Pastor Quinn